Thursday, July 4, 2013

Blessed Birthday.

This year's big b-day was a little different from the rest. For starters, I requested weeks before that my family don't celebrate it with me this year. Like every other Chinese family, birthday means going out for a meal. But I didn't want that this year, and they reluctantly agreed. I even told most of my friends that I wasn't free to spend time with them, because I mainly already planned to stone at home and rewatch Supernatural (hahaha). I don't know why but I just wasn't in the mood to celebrate. I was already gutted by the fact that Jehki wasn't going to be in Singapore, on top of everything that has happened for the past year. I guess I didn't have many things to be thankful for.

But of course, this entry is made possible because I have awesome family and friends who refused to leave me alone. Otherwise, it'll just be a post about fat-me eating and chilling on my bed.

Started off with my Masterchef brother preparing a scrummy birthday meal for me the night before (re: no celebration agreement)!

Grilled pork chop - sooooooo yummy. Think I gobbled it up within minutes. There was also onion soup, veg/fruits salad and mash, but I was too greedy to take pictures of all of them.

My two oddly different cakes! Because one is too mainstream...

Then right on the midnight dot, Rena and Calyn showed up at my doorstep with cake and goodies!

We chatted for about an hour or so and they left for bedtime haha. It's amazing how I can always count on Rena to be there for me :') It's been 9 years of that infallible friendship and I honestly look forward to the next 9, 10, 20 years.

Headed down to Mustafa with my brother and Melody, around 2am or so. It was the best because for once, I'm not in a sardine tin while shopping! And of course, supper was due.

SWEE CHOOOOOOOOON~ Don't know why no one else has thought of late night dim sum before. It's only the best idea ever?!

My pretty its-4am-and-I-just-want-to-eat/sleep face.

We ordered quiiiiiite a bit but finished all of it!

At this point, I just felt like a sow. Went home, slept, snored, woke up, and it was still my birthday! Made last minute plans for Evan to pop by for a lunch date.

And he brought caaaaake! :D


We ended up only leaving the house at 3pm and I was crazy hungry by then!!


For those of you girls who love Evan, just FYI, his favorite restaurant is Marche and I'm pretty sure he'll marry you if you bring him there and feed him rosti and PRAWNS. Hahaha.



Marche never disappoints and my stomach was bursting at this point but I swear Evan has a bottomless pit for a tummy. He's just never full. Cannot wait for his metabolism rate to slow down and for him to turn into a cow hahaha.

So anyway, we walked around for a bit, had dessert, shopped, and I went home while he met up with his parents. On my way back, I received a call from Khai who said she was feeling down and needed someone to talk to. And after hours of texting back and forth, I told her I would meet her at Cityhall.


Because once I stepped out of my house, this group of crazy masked people ran towards me screaming, poured all sorts of nonsense on me, and tried to snatch my bag!!! Turns out while I was texting Khai, she was plotting with the rest to sabotage me.


I was pretty much drenched from all the liquids they poured on me. Thank God I didn't bother to style my hair!? Iced water - checked. Sprite - checked. Slurpee - CHECKED.

There goes my makeup too. Also the same day I realized my eyeliner and mascara LIED. They were definitely not waterproof!!



Real faces of the culprits!!

But all was forgiven because they bought me Macadees for supper and because when I went back into my room after a shower, they had prepared this.....


We had a nice long chat and I slept under heaps of balloons that night :)

*happy face*

I was almost about to go to bed when Ian and Ben called to say there were on their way to my place and needed to speak to me about something. They sounded so serious and guess what...I FELL FOR IT AGAIN. I changed out of my PJs, rushed down to the void deck and standing right in front of me was JEHKI. Didn't expect myself to react that way but I burst into tears when his face registered in my mind. I just couldn't believe it and he was the very last person I expected to be there. 

For those of you who don't know, Jehki has an internship in Milan for the next year or so, and that's also the reason why he wasn't able to fly back to Singapore in the first place. In spite of his habit of springing surprises on me, I genuinely didn't think he would be able to surprise me this time, especially after the text he sent me a few hours before:


But that boy is just insane. Apparently, he got back a day before my birthday and when I asked why he showed up at the end of my birthday rather than at the beginning, he said it was so that I could spend time with my friends (awwwwww). Plus he cheekily admitted that he needed to recover from his jetlag. Haha. 

This was the best birthday I could ever ask for and I think God reminded me that I still have people I should be thankful for by allowing me to spend time with the people I love on this day. And I think that by expecting the least out of this occasion, I had the most fun I've had in ages. Thank you, to everyone who made such a huge effort in celebrating my birthday, when I was the least enthusiastic about it. Love y'all xxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jehki is so adorable!!You're a lucky girl! :-)

Anonymous said...

YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!! And it's really :') to see how you 2 go all the way out for each other despite having a LDR. D'AWWWW <3

Jiayi. said...

Aww, thanks lovelies! We are very lucky to have each other :)))) xx