Wednesday, July 18, 2012

You are of one date in time's furrows.

Dropped by J's shop with my hands full of Starbucks and Gong Cha this evening. It was pretty nerve-wrecking because it's the first time I was seeing everyone (J's and my mutual friends) after we got back together, and I was barely armored for their exploding questions.

Walked into the shop and J immediately came to my rescue; he took the bags of drinks from me, gave me a hug and kissed me gingerly. Everyone started making fun of us and I blushed like a peach but I didn't mind. I'm the touchy-feely one in this relationship, so his rare displays of affection always put me in the best mood :)

But like I had anticipated, we were grilled for two good hours, while they leeched for details of everything that had happened. I knew J was really worried because even though we've both agreed to put it behind us, he's afraid the constant mention of Holly would affect me. It didn't though. I'm not haunted by her anymore. Right now, I'm just really happy with J. That kind of joy doesn't translate into words, somehow, but I feel every ounce of it whenever I see/hear/touch him. And even his littlest gestures - like smiling at me from across the room - sends me into an electric whirlwind.



Last night in my prayer book, I wrote "Please let me have him forever," and that scared me a lot...

No comments: