Monday, July 16, 2012

"The rose speaks of you silently."

J and I have been going back to the same spa place for the past month and when we were brought into separate rooms for our shower today, my masseuse spoke to me in Mandarin.

"Your boyfriend really loves you."

"Why do you say so?" I asked.

And she replied, "Because of the way he looks at you."

I thought she was going to say it was a nice gesture that he brought me there for my birthday, but I never expected that. It's true though. Sometimes when I am rattling off about something insignificant, I would look up and find him staring at me like I am saying something so important it demanded all his attention. He never looked away embarrassed, or pretended to be paying attention to something else. He would continue looking at me in the gentlest way, and it always made me feel special. He made me feel special. In a way not many people can.



J taught me how to feel the butterflies over and over and over again.

2 comments: