Saturday, July 7, 2012

What happened between J and I.

Warning: wordy-as-hell post

 zomg Influx of formspring questions about J and I, haha.


Thumbs up, you guys, quicker than a puma. But yeah, we are back together. Wasn't going to tell anyone about it because it's too damn complicated. Then J went to tell our friends, so there's no point keeping anything discreet now.

Long story short:
  • Jehki broke up with me a few months ago and I didn't ask for a reason.
  • Received a facebook and formspring message two days later telling me that he cheated on me with his ex-housemate, Holly.
  • I confronted him and he admitted to it. According to him, he was too drunk (they were in a club in London) to remember doing something like that but there were "eyewitnesses".
  • That was also why he broke up with me; because he knows how I feel about infidelity and that I would never forgive him for cheating. He was right. And he was going to tell me about it after my exams are over.
  • Me being me, I was too cynical to believe that making out with Holly was a unconscious decision, so I distanced myself from J and his sorry cheating ass.
  • I made a decisive choice to move on with my life, and I did. Started dating again, and his significance in my life became diluted.
  • Then last month, his friend added me on facebook and told me something, thinking that I already know. SHOCKED.MY.JAW.OFF.

This is the refreshed and TRUE story:
  • Jehki did not cheat on me at all.
  • That night, when Holly saw how drunk J was, she took advantage of it. 
  • She told her friends (the supposed "eyewitnesses") to lie about them making out, and they went along with it, thinking that she meant it as a prank. They thought she would tell J the truth eventually but they didn't know that she meant for this incident to break us up.
  • J only found out the truth when he met one of her friends some time later, and she told him.
  • And that flapping idiot didn't plan on telling me because I was dating John then and he didn't want me to have to choose. 

Background about Holly:
When Jehki first moved to London, he was housed with Holly and 3 other boys. It was blatant that Holly was interested in him, but he never reciprocated. Even when I stayed over at his place on some weekends, she would be really rude to me. I didn't really care, because J's reaction towards her made me feel really secure. The pushing point was when Holly started walking around the house in her underwear and a cami without a bra. Doesn't help that she's super hot (gotta admit this) either. J moved out a few weeks later, and they never contacted ever since. I have a million vulgar names I can label her, but I won't. Because while she made me lose my best friend momentarily, the most important thing is that I have him back now. And in return, she now knows that she will never have him and in the process of trying, she lost her friends as well. Well played.



// It took me a while to re-adjust my impression of J, because for a long time after I found out the truth, I still saw him as a cheater. I couldn't recover from that to digest the fact that he did nothing wrong. I think maybe guilt held me back as well, because I so readily accepted the fact that he was at fault. I didn't really question it. Right now, we're both slowly trying to find back the same familiarity we had before. Fingers crossed and like always, no promises.

P/s: Really grateful for Flat 20 for helping me deal with my broken heart then. And to Fad for always believing in and defending Jehki when I gave up :)

P/s/s: HAHAHAHA, I LIED, THE STORY IS NOT SHORT AT ALL. Do you even understand what I was writing because I tried to read it again and lost focus. Good luck making sense of everything, haha.

6 comments:

Jiayi. said...

Hahaha I don't want her face to contaminate my blog! Just trying to erase her existence in my life now. The things people do...

janica said...

i knew it.. im happy for you.. =)

Jiayi. said...

Thanks, babe :)

Anonymous said...

so happy for you babe :) you are filled with awesomeness and i am so glad to see you happy with your best friend (again)! :D

Jiayi. said...

YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP BEING SO NICE TO ME BEFORE I CRY. Haha, just kidding. Thank you so much :)

Jiayi. said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT >:(