Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up.


I was praying so hard for a Merit (2:1) so when I saw this, I almost jumped out of my chair. I feel so blessed. It still seems unbelievable because during the exam period, I was battling a heartache, being ill, being so far away from home and the cued exam stress. Those days were a blur now because all I remember is locking myself in the room, scribbling pages after pages of psychology notes, and then pacing around the room trying to memorize them. I also remember stopping once in a while because the stress piled up sky-high, and I would cry because I missed J too much and because he wasn't there to calm me down anymore. I know it's nothing to get Distinction in the first year, but it means a lot to me because that was one of the toughest periods in my life.

I'm really glad I got through it, and that I have J back now :')

Another good news, I got a job with a local magazine! Once every fortnight, I will churn out an article and the editor will decide if it gets published. I cannot be more excited because I love writing (serious stuff instead of gossipy blog entries, haha) and because they will send me on assignments. Woop woop!

Don't know what I've done right to deserve so many good things in my life, but I will count my blessings and not expect more. Thank You God, for being my strength when I had none, for being my listening ear, and for walking with me :)

No comments: