Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bye-bye birdie.

Do you like my new blogskin??????

I know...it's almost like my old one, but I cleaned it up a little and added some color to it! Plus, you can now 'Like' my posts and leave a proper comment where I will reply :D

And on another note, my current nails are super popular!!! My mum, my aunt, baby's mum, and my friends all love it to death! If you don't follow me on twitter, here's a low-res picture of it :3


I saw a similar penguin design online, and decided to give it a shot. Turns out, it's pretty easy to accomplish! Try it too (:

4 comments:

Lai said...

Hey there! I'm following you on Tumblr and that's how I found the link to this blog. I'm currently trying to learn how to do nail art and what you did here is really cute! :) You think you can give me a link to step by step tutorial on how to come up with this? Thank you! :)

Jiayi. said...

Hello (: Thanks, but I didn't learn it from a tutorial. Maybe you can try to search on youtube for similar designs?

Lai said...

Oh okay okay. :) I'll do that. :) But maybe I'll try to figure out how I can do the same thing by using your photo as an inspiration. :) Keep the cute and glamorous nails coming! I'm a fan! ;)

Jiayi. said...

I will! Thank you, dear :D

Anyway, the design is really easy to do.
Just paint a base color of your choice, and wait for it to dry. The body of the penguin is just one stroke of white nail polish (just don't paint it all the way from your cuticles. The eyes and feet are done by a dotting tool and the mouth is by a brush, but if you have none of them, you can just use a toothpick. For the eyes and feet, cut away the sharp ends of the toothpick, or they won't appear round.

Hope that helped! (: