Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Homesick.

Yesterday, I got really homesick. I just got off Skype with my mum and it was the first time I saw Yuanyuan (my dog) ever since I left Singapore. So I guess that's what made me miss home so badly all of a sudden. I just locked myself in the room, and kept crying. I really wanted to blog, but decided against it cause I know it will only feed my "depression". So I went down a notch and tweeted about it instead.

At that point, I seriously wanted to call my dad and ask him to let me fly home. I didn't want to study anymore, didn't want to be a psychologist anymore. I just wanted to go home, to be with my family, my friends, and my dog.

And in the midst of my crazy outburst, I called J and broke up with him. I missed everything and everyone so badly, that I felt like I didn't want to have to miss him too. It seems like an extra burden. It's not true, I guess. It was just something that came up in that moment. But I don't have plans of fixing things with him. Not because I don't love him anymore, but because I don't want him to be at the mercy of my periodic mood swings. If I get homesick again, I might just break up with him again. And that's just not fair. I still don't know what I want to do...

But anyway, I feel much better now. My flatmates dragged me out to The Venue last night, a club on campus. We polished off two bottles of wine, danced for 3 hours, and went home to plonk right on the bed. Then today, we took a bus down to town and did a little shopping. They are really helping me adjust to the culture shock, and I'm grateful for that.

I'm also extremely thankful for my friends in Singapore, coming to my emotional rescue even though we're 7 hours apart. I love you guys so much (':

No comments: