Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Your love will be safe with me.

I have a habit of keeping every single letter/card given to me; I store them in a huge plastic box and take them out from time to time. Today was one of those 'times'. I shuffled through the box, picked out random letters and started reading them.

I found one that I wrote about four years ago; it was a letter I wrote right before I was going to meet my then-boyfriend, a letter I'd wanted to give to him after he cruelly told me through text that he had feelings for someone else. But this letter wasn't penned with the intention of reprimanding him. In it, I begged foolishly hard for him to forget the girl and take me back. It's difficult imagining myself so stupid, all in the name of love.

Anyway, this letter obviously failed to reach his hands (I can't remember why), but it brought back vivid memories from that day. I remember traveling to his house to meet him, us sitting under the block, and how I cried uncontrollably. I remember pleading him to give me another chance (CRINGE) and him keeping silent. I remember him kissing me at the end of the night, yet insisting he cannot let the other girl go. I left confused, used, and called the first person that came to mind.

Jehki.

He was always my go-to friend when it came to matters of the heart, because he was mostly cool-headed and objective. J came immediately to wherever I was and stayed with me until curfew. In those few hours, he listened to me, pat my back when I hiccuped from crying too hard, and wrapped his arms around my shoulders when I shivered from feeling so lost. And right before we parted, he said "You deserve someone better,". Those words meant nothing to me at that point in time, because my then-boyfriend was my world. But now, they ring with clarity.

I have found someone better. I found someone who will not make promises he can't keep, who will never allow me to beg for anything, who will crumble to see me shed a tear. He may not be the best in the world, but he is the best for me.

It's days like this when I fall a little harder in love with you, Jehki T :')

2 comments:

Jehki said...

I remember that day. I loved you even then, monkey.

z said...

really sweet entry :)