Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life so far.

I made fries from scratch today, and it was aweeeeesome!

Peeled and cut potatoes (which were dangerously expired, haha), laid them on a oil-drenched baking tray, sprinkled salt and pepper, and threw them into the oven! It was actually Divya's recipe, and they came out so delicious. Much more healthier than your Mackerdees fries too! Haha.

Then last night, Div and I made dinner for the two of us. Everyone in the flat has different diets and restrictions, so it's pretty difficult to make dinner for everyone. We need to get us some halal meat!!!

Check. This. Out.
It's egg and chicken fried rice, stir-fried vegetables, and sweet&sour pork.

I love my flatmates so much. I laugh like mad everyday because I'm with them, and I'm glad that I still have my sense of humor (just that I have to switch it to UK-mode).

This is everyone, lounging around in the kitchen.

Look at Asim with the ridiculous headband Div bought from Spain. I think they are gonna make it the official kitchen headband!!!! :O Omg, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

And SJ with all the food in the world. She's the chef of the flat, cause she cooks all the time and they all look really yummy.

Anyway, we are all absolute slobs. Our kitchen is always in a mess!


On Sunday, while everyone was out partying, I was the Asian maid (HAHA) and cleaned the entire kitchen. It was spotless, and I put up a note on the door to brag about it.


"Binoculars you" just means I'll spy on them from their room windows. And yep, they know me by JJ because my name is a bitch to pronounce (for them anyway). You should hear how the British butchers my name :S

And with that note, I got immunity against all household chores for the next few days while everyone else had to wash the dishes, and take out the trash (Y)




// My aunt and her boyfriend came to Canterbury over the weekend, and I had such a great time! They live in London, and are the closest family I have now. And because my aunt looks so much like my mum, I feel like I'm with my mum sometimes (': I miss home so much (not in a bad way anymore), and I can't wait to go back in December.

No comments: