Friday, August 24, 2012

FTS.

Accompanied my friend to the mortuary this morning and it was everything you would expect it to be - morbid. After settling all the final procedures, we made our way out and just when we were about to leave, a group of reporters started honing in on her like hungry vultures. She was weeping uncontrollably but noooooo, leeching a story for their tabloid was much more important (that was sarcasm, btw). So I turned around, blocked the reporters' way and screamed at them. One of the male reporters dared to smirk at me, and it just about took all of my self-control not to smack his head right back to his mother's womb so that he can learn his manners all over again.

Someone told me, "They are just doing their job." Honestly, that is probably the worst reason anyone can pull out from their ass. These reporters were not coerced into this line of work; they had a choice whether or not to exercise some humanity, and they chose not to. Worst still, they were about my age. Maybe even younger. I cannot even offer a shred of understanding for the way they executed their work.

And if you tell me, "They just want to report the truth to the public", I will flash you my precious finger. I have seen and read enough bullshit from leeching media-whores to know that they care about juice, readership, and money, more than the truth. Legitimate truth-chasing reporters will not have done things the way they did.

It infuriates me so much, because while I was trying my best to help a friend, they were trying their best to do the exact opposite. They were inflicting pain with every insensitive question and I just cannot forgive that.

It's been a long day and I just want to sleep for a week now. (Sorry for all the wordy posts lately)

No comments: