Friday, December 20, 2013

If they dusted my heart for fingerprints, they would only find yours.

I'm feeling particularly loved right now... :)

Ever since 8-9 months ago, I've been hit with one bad news after another, particularly with my health. And because J and I have always maintained an open and honest communication with each other, he has also been on the receiving end of these haunting news. I've tried protecting him but it never worked out for either of us - he knows me too well to know when I am troubled by something and it only stresses him out more when he doesn't know what it is, and I...I've always needed him more than I care to admit. Somehow, his strength compensates for the loss of mine. So I surrendered to the fact that I will have to share everything with him, good or bad.

Safe to say, I have put him through hell ever since but I must say that he has been nothing short of amazing. Trekking through all the bad, things finally took a positive turn yesterday. I heard back some really encouraging news and when I SOS skyped him in the middle of the day to tell him, he surprised me by crying.

I saw the relief wash over his face and it struck me speechless. I mean, of course I know that he loves me, but I guess I have always overlooked the depth of it. Until now, I still find it incredible that someone who isn't obligated to love me, loves me so much.


So thank you, J. Thank you for bearing a weight that wasn't even yours to begin with. Thank you for loving me as much as you do and I can only promise that I will love you back just as much :)


xx

P/s: We are turning 3 on Monday!!!

(I'm sorry I can't detail what actually happened. Only a handful of people know and I plan to keep it that way. But that wasn't the point of this post anyway! Haha.)

No comments: