Monday, December 16, 2013

Food coma in Bangkok.

Heya peeeps, I'm live-blogging in Bangkok! It's my last day here and I'm making use of every minute to shop and eat and shop and eat.

This picture basically sums up my trip here...I ate so much! Even as I'm blogging now, I'm having a lunch break. Thai people really know their food and if you stick to places outside of shopping malls, you're almost guaranteed cheap, good food. 

My brother and Melody did their research well and brought us to some really good places. So here are the few best ones I think you should definitely check out:

1. T & K Seafood


The food was pretty good and with 6 dishes (+ drinks) between the 4 of us, we only paid 1300baht (S$52)! I recommend the deep fried squid and tom yam soup, but stay away from the fried rice.

You might even see this boss of a cat chilling in a cardboard box when you're there. 

T&K is located in Chinatown but if you can't find it, try asking store owners along the main street.

Address: 
49-51 Soi Phadung Dao
Chinatown, Bangkok

2. Somtam Nua


Somtam was good but really spicy. It's not as cheap as T&K but still very affordable. I think it was about S$65+ for 7 dishes. Try the barbecued pork neck, it was soooo addictive and succulent and tender and [insert yummy food adjectives].

Just looking at it is making me have major cravings.

Somtam is located in Siam Square so it's a nice lunch/dinner option after shopping! It was pretty much packed when we got there so I assume it's a popular choice.

Address:
392/14 Soi Siam Square 5
Rama 1 Road, Bangkok

3. After You


Throwing a hipster dessert cafe in the mix!

You may have seen it on my Instagram (@hawtvintage) - the shibuya honey toast is da bomb! I'm more amazed by the amount of butter infused in the toast than anything else. And because it's such a huge portion, I couldn't even finish it.

They have different kinds of toasts (nutella, ferrero rocher, toffee) but I reckon honey toast is the best. 

Don't bother trying their caramel custard pudding and pancakes. Seriously, STICK TO HONEY TOAST. But you should have their chocolate mud brownie because it was the shizz. 

Address:
Siam Paragon, 1st level

4. OISHI Grand

This next one is a Japanese and International buffet and it is awesome!!!!! There's so much variety (think sushi, dim sum, grilled seafood, beef steak) and the food is mostly incredible. More importantly, it only cost around S$30 per person. Say whaaaaaaaat. For the same dinner, you probably have to pay twice as much in Singapore. 

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of everything because my camera couldn't keep up with my greediness.


I love me some prawns.

Dessert spread was not impressive but they had Haagen Dazs ice cream!

Address:
Siam iDiscovery, 2nd level

5. Nara Thai 

We more or less stumbled onto this place when we were in Central World. It is pretty pricey (2100baht/S$85 for four) but the food was yummy.


Their tom yam soup is a must-try but don't bother with the pad thai. Omelette was good too!

Address:
Central World, 7th Level


There you go, five food spots for you to check out :D xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was at Nara Thai 2 weeks back!

Jiayi. said...

Did you like it?? :D