Saturday, March 8, 2014

Oh, Milano.

I made a Valentine's trip to Milan this year to meet my man! I've been there twice before to visit J, but this trip was so different in a good way. I don't really have words for it but it was the best two days of my life. Maybe it's Valentine's Day, maybe it's being in a foreign country with someone I love, maybe it's just Italy. Milan, though dusty and cold, was incredibly romantic.


We walked everywhere, visited the beautiful Duomo Cathedral again, and had a staycation in a B&B away from the city centre. It's now my favorite place in the world, even surpassing Venice, simply because of the memories it holds for me.

|| Babe, thank you for planning such an amazing "weekend". Thank you for making this minute occasion feel like my birthday, Christmas, and good Friday all came together in one. Thank you for loving my friends like they are your own and for sending them little gifts every Valentine's Day. I can never predict what surprises you will spring on me and I think after this trip, I will give up on trying to "up" you. You're a Yoda-level romantic and I just can't beat that.

Sometimes I wish I could see myself through your eyes. I wish I could understand how you could love me this much, to enjoy doing so much for someone as undeserving as me. I'm not complaining but I am amazed. Love you xxx

No comments: