Saturday, January 14, 2012

New member of the family!!!

We're going to adopt another dog!!!!!

His name is Fei Er (weird name, I know), and he's almost 3 years old.

He belonged to my neighbour and is probably one of the friendliest dogs around. He is everything you would expect a Labrador to be like; friendly, loving, playful, eager to please (don't know about loyalty because we haven't gotten a chance to find out yet). My brother and I have been playing with him for more than a year now and we love him to death.


His owner decided to give him away because they have a new dog coming and out of the 5 dogs they have, they deemed Fei Er the dumbest. Their loss is my (and Fei Er's) gain! Somehow, Fei Er and Yuanyuan (the dog I have now) are pretty alike. Both of them were unwanted, both were pre-judged to be the stupidest of the bunch, and both were chosen to be given away. Yuanyuan has proven herself to be anything but stupid, and I hope with us, Fei Er will too.

Animals are like Man in more ways than one; they have the potential to be more than what they seem, more than their biological make-up. They just need to meet the right people, and I really hope my family is it. We are not just OKAY with having Fei Er in our family; we WANT him, and I think that makes the biggest difference.

When I heard that his owner didn't want him anymore, I was so excited to have him and I knew my brother and sister would be too. But I didn't expect my parents to agree so readily, especially since we already have a dog (that is quite a handful). I just hope Yuanyuan adjusts well to having another dog in the family, sharing the space and our affections *fingers crossed*

Can't wait for Fei Er to arrive! (although I'll be in England)

No comments: