Sunday, January 8, 2012

Moved on.

Do you know that when you've moved on from a past relationship, there comes a moment when you finally realize you're free and that sense of liberation is probably the best feeling there is. You can pretend to have moved on, you can find yourself a new relationship, you can convince yourself that you feel nothing about it, but none of that means anything. You don't need a checklist to tell you if you have released the weight of your previous relationship, you don't need to follow the tell-tale signs that people go on about; it's all in that one decisive wave of freedom, the unlocking of your emotional chains. That's when you know that you have genuinely, moved on.

I felt that tonight, and I was seriously jumping for joy. First person I called was J, and I could hear the relief in his voice. That's his only fear for our relationship. He's not afraid of our distance, he's not afraid of our lack of time for each other, he's not afraid I will meet someone new. Jehki is only afraid he can never measure up to the value of my "past". Tonight, while I break free, I also reassured him and promised a future for the both of us. I have that to look forward to now :')

2012 is off to an amazing start!

No comments: